Once the update goes live, we anticipate a shift in the market, especially for items that are affected by the changes (former crate items). Due to this shift, we will not instantly go live with all item prices in Credits, but rather wait until there are actual Credit trade offers on the market for these items:
- Items that are not affected by the crate removal can be expected to be priced within the first hours after the update.
Such as drop/tradeup items, limited rewards, and old Rocketpass items.
- Items that have high supply and demand, and Items that have low volatility can be expected to be priced faster than others.Vice versa, items that dont get traded much or have high volatility will take longer.For example, Black Markets will likely already be priced within hours after the update, due to the naturally high volume of trades on the market.
- Along the new live prices in Credits, we will also provide a snapshot of the last key prices (3rd of December) during this period of transition and stabilisation. Traders will be able to switch between the two versions on our price pages. This snapshot is a guideline while the Credits market stabilises and our algorithms start pricing more and more items live in Credits.
precision & formatting
With the conversion to 100 credits per key, we will likely see trades happening within a tighter range than before, since the new currency allows for a higher precision.
This will mostly affect rounding precision and low-tier items:
- Rounding precisions will likely be higher than currently (eg a popular Blackmarket with current 0.5k precision could have 20 Credits precision in the future). However, apart from lowest-end items, we will likely not price with 1 credit precision. This best reflects market reality in our opinion.
- Lower-tier items in general can be expected to be priced more precise and updated than in the past.
- We will keep pricing in ranges as it reflects the market more accurately than a fixed average value, while also allowing the market more freedom.
BlueprintsSince blueprints will be tradeable, we will also publish their market prices, as well as their opening costs.
Traders will be able to switch between Item and Blueprint prices on our price pages, and the Details pages will contain the according information for single items.
Removing crates was ultimately inevitable and has been coming for a long time. In this context, we highly appreciate Psyonix's dedication to the trading economy; The blueprint system as adequate replacement, in-game Shop items not being tradable, and a currency that allows for more precise trades.
We will do our best to support RL traders with our analysis and pricing during the upcoming period of uncertainty on the market, and we are cautiously optimistic that these changes will help the community and contribute to a healthier RL economy in the long run.
If there are any questions during and after the update, our staff and developers are available 24/7 in our Discord
Thank you for your ongoing trust in the last 2 years, we're looking forward to many more in this community.
~ RL Insider Team